We recommend two to four people for pitching the Hiisi 2. You need a hammer or similar tool for striking the stakes into the ground. We recommend using a up to 100 °C sauna thermometer to prevent overheating and help you get the perfect temperature.
1. Find a suitable flat spot ca. 3,5 x 3,5 m, beware of hazards:
-Dry grass and undergrowth, trees and branches (fire hazard).
-Uneven ground (stove or users may trip and fall).
2. Unpack the tent sheet and insert the corner poles into the sleeves.
3. Spread out the tent sheet with poles inserted roughly where you want it.
4. Erect one or two opposite corners at a time:
-Hammer a stake into the ground approx. 140/160 cm (wall height) from the corner.
-Attach the corner guy rope to the stake with a reliable knot.
-Repeat until all corners are standing and each guy rope is staked to the ground.
5. Inspect the tent, correct if necessary by adjusting the poles, stakes and ropes.
6. Install stove and bench.
7. If available attach a up to 100 °C sauna thermometer to the line hanging from the ceiling.
-The thermometer should hang 140 cm above ground.
8. Do not heat the interior over 75 °C, extreme overheating may damage the tent and is unnecessary – it is steam that makes the sauna enjoyable, not hot air.
9. Enjoy (with caution)!