FDF 20 tent
Twenty person field camp tent for 4-season use. The Savotta FDF 20 is the commercial version of the Finnish Defence Forces’ platoon-size tent.
Shipping from 4.90€
The final shipping cost will be calculated in checkout.
Currently, we deliver products to Finland only.
We are launching deliveries to EU countries later this year.
You can also purchase the product from our resellers, who may ship to other countries.
- Package incl. tent, pole set and stake set. Groundsheet and stove sold separately.
- Fits up to 20 persons
- Suitable for 4-season use/li>
- Stove compatible for cold/wet weather use
- Drying line/pole attachment points
- Uses one centre pole and eight corner poles and stakes
- Pitching time 10-15 min (4 persons)
- Easy to transport by car, quad, snowmobile etc.
- Components (tent, pole set, stake set) include own transport/storage bag
- 2 year material and workmanship warranty (read more)
- Made in Finland/Estonia (read more)
- Tent weight: 27 kg
- Pole set weight: 4,5 kg
- Stake set weight: 4,5 kg
- Complete system weight: 36 kg
- Tent dimensions deployed: 500 x 110-285 cm (D x H)
- Tent dimensions packed: 45 x 45 x 75 cm (W x L x H)
- Pole set dimensions packed: 115 x 15 x 15 cm (W x L x H)
- Stake set dimensions packed: 45 x 8 cm (L x D
- Floor area: 21 m2
- Tent material: 50% cotton, 50% polyester, fire retardant, mildew resistant
- Pole set material: aluminium
- Stake set material: galvanized steel
This package includes: tent (1 pc), centre pole (1 pc), corner poles (8 pcs) and stakes (8 pcs). The groundsheet and stove shown in pictures are sold separately.
Our field camp tents are made for hard, all-year use in our Nordic climate. We have been making military tents for the Finnish Defence Forces since the 1960’s, so we know a thing or two about this sort of stuff. These are not fancy, these are simple, reliable, easy to use and robust, designed for demanding use in very demanding conditions.
The FDF series of tents are available as full system packages (including tent, pole set and stake set) but each component is also available for separate purchase. Groundsheets, stoves and patching kits are available as optional accessories.
REAL LIFE USE CASES
As very user-friendly and reliable these are also great for all sorts of professional and recreational use. Simplicity and robustness are natural results of the military origins of these tents. In military use tents like these need to be easy to use, in the dark, in the rain, in deep freezing snow. And above all reliable and repairable in the field if necessary.
Throughout the decades our field camp tents have gained a solid reputation here in our native Finland. Here these are commonly used by hunting parties, film crews, scout groups, outdoor event organizers and of course just for plain fun camping. Although not suitable for on-foot carry for long distances these are still very much portable and easy to transport by car, quad or snowmobile, or even packed into an ahkio (except for the HQ which is a bit too big to really fit in an ahkio).
Although originally designed for military use, and sized accordingly, these are of course useable in many different ways. With less than the maximum occupancy you have more room for comfort, and the taller variants (JSP and HQ) are perfect for field offices complete with chairs and tables. These are really just great, reliable partners where ever you need a warm, dry and clean home-away-from-home for a group of people.